Me , myself and industry

Monday, June 27, 2005

MUMBAI-weekend-nite

Yes, weekend was ending as usual.. and the latest monsoon had added extra spice up the mumbai weather.Spent time usually with GF .. *weekends are dedicated for her..

But managed to squeeze in time for my old pals..We hit yesterday late night at Colaba, the heart of south mumbai...chilly winds .. heavy rains .. and a Mega MUG of beer .. to make the most of it ...sizzling "chilly chicken". The place "SPORTS Bar".. right below regal cinema.. the nights are always bright .. loud and fun..As soon as we enetered the place .. the strong odour of ciggarates hit..yeah.., it's a young and vibrant place.. It servers one of the best Drought Beer ;)
The Sports Bar , not a general description. Indeed, The Sports Bar was a sports bar; once you got inside past the guard, there was a row of booths on the left side of the room, each with its own flat-panel TV set into the wall. To the right, a long, diner-like bar sported mushroom-like stools and giant TV screens, all showing sports channel. To the back, there was a basketball cage in which you could shoot hoops. Then there was a POOL table , wherein a few negros and our own local lads were into a game.. the negros knew the game well..
After gulping down a couple .. the heavy mugs had made our arms stronger .. but the "STRONG" drought beer ..made us lighter..we decided to hop PUBS... next stop ..ROYAL cafe.. but unlucky to get a seat, as it was already full ... and I hate waiting outside the restaurent !
So next best CHOICE .. Cafe MONDEGAR .. yes, this place rocks with their unique JUKE BOX... but I still think .. SPORTS bar , plays more variety of music.Mondegar .. was crowded.. but I felt good... yes, I was in mumbai..A funny slogan printed on a t-shirt there
"Reality is an illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency!" ;)

it was a welcome change .. had got boored with Cafe IDEAL which is bang in front of girgoan chowpatty..
next 2 weekends ..I have my exams ... so won't be able to update my blog soon !

till then .. cheerio !

H00gie's tantrumns ...:
|

17 Comments for H00gie:

  • Monsoon mein sharab aur kabab ho haath mein toh kya kehne :)

    Me too was out with my VP and colleagues for dinner in a NAVAL OFFICER's MESS last night. Sharab toh nahi pee hum ne magar kabab pein dhawa bol diya

    Kewl d00d...njoy!!

    By Blogger Arz000n, at 2:30 PM  

  • Cool Dude.

    Juhu Chowpatty is creating Fiasco due to precious stone.

    By Blogger Boldnbeautiful, at 12:54 PM  

  • yeah .. heard abt it !!
    thought myself to get rich quicker.. but...!

    By Blogger Hagrid, at 3:20 PM  

  • Thats a nice analysis of hangouts...
    sounds great...
    wen it comes to night life... MUMBAI is the Best...
    enjoy......

    By Blogger PuNeEt, at 5:29 PM  

  • What caught my eye was the word 'Hagrid'..sigh,but there is not a trace of Harry Potter anywhere in the horizon.

    By Blogger nomadic_waves, at 5:10 PM  

  • All the best for ur exams..btw u still hav exams ?? i thought it only occured during school and college

    By Blogger Enigma, at 4:00 PM  

  • Hmm.... I better go call all my friends and go out this weekend... ur post is making me feel that my life is soooooo boring!!! :)

    By Blogger Nupur, at 1:10 PM  

  • @ puneet !! dood .. u got it ..mumbai rocks in the nite.

    @nomadic_waves thanks for stopping by, I luv the character Hagrid, yes, it's frm the potter novels..He is a giant but very humble.. may be I have a huge EGO , but still very humble.

    @neha , thanks fr the must needed wishes .. I am doing my distance learning MBA from ICFAI.. have my queterly terms.

    @nupur , hey gal , life gets brighten after u smile... u have a lovely smile...and a live blog too.. keep blogging..

    @z000n ... as they say "Mumbai mein 3 cheezon keh pichee nahi daudnee kah"
    BUS , TRAIN aur Ladki.. ;) have fun!

    By Blogger Hagrid, at 3:02 PM  

  • hagriddddddd here i m... oh i love cafe mondegar...been there once... too crowded...n leopolds cool too...been there???...well i aint into drinking but freinds karte hain toh kya karen have to get along!!!!...i got my coke...enough nasha for me...;)

    By Blogger musings (m000nie), at 7:42 PM  

  • @musings : me too .. over the years the partying spirit (the stereotype booze party) has faded , but still I relish on Beer .. chilled Beer .. and mumbai monsoon , just add that extra needed spice...

    There are many such good hangouts in mumbai .. will try to add more when I get time .. ;) till then have fun .. keep partying !

    By Blogger Hagrid, at 8:01 PM  

  • hii..
    im nt in india..so cant comment abt the HUBS..:(((
    reached here following a long trail frm
    musings---->arzoon----->u
    will read ur full blog..after having a lil chill pill..
    by the way wht exams u r giving now?

    By Blogger sebia, at 8:28 PM  

  • cool blog mate! Good luck with ur exams :)

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 12:32 PM  

  • @sebia -- hey sebia, it;s a vicious cricle ... ;) I am prep for my MBA ..mid-terms..

    @keshi *s* thanks gal .. these wishes are needed *S*

    ok dokie ..me back to my studies...

    By Blogger Hagrid, at 3:25 PM  

  • Thanks! :D

    By Blogger Nupur, at 8:54 AM  

  • First time here. Nice blog. You seem to be someone who's interested in photography. Check out my photoblog - snapshots2097.blogspot.com

    Will surely be back here.

    By Blogger Srikar, at 9:32 PM  

  • @ srikar, thanks dood.

    By Blogger Hagrid, at 8:05 PM  

  • Hey just added you to my favorites. This really is a nice site to read. I actually agree with the last comment. Thanks and keep up the great work! golf equipment auction

    By Blogger daniel, at 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com